Dedicated Linux Support Engineer - GuangzhouApply Now Job ID 312173 Date posted 01/09/2019 Location: Guangzhou, CN
SUSE Linux Support Engineer
Location: Guangzhou, China
We have an opening for a SUSE Platinum Support Engineer located in Guangzhou, China. A dedicated engineer is assigned to provide support our enterprise customers with post-implementation product support and is primarily responsible for the identification and resolution of SUSE related products.
The premium engineer will develop business relationships with the customer's technical and management staff, and support the customer by gaining first-hand knowledge of their system, configuration and business needs. The engineer will use this familiarity to accelerate response time to requests and ensure that solutions are tailored to meet customer expectation. The engineer's goals are to pro-actively help the customer avoid potential problems and maintain the environment of the required technology in an optimal and efficient manner. The engineer will be available to respond in a timely manner (defined in the contract) to any issues that may arise with the implemented technologies and will utilize resources within the company as needed to assist with these issues. An engineer will also listen to the needs of their customer for opportunity discovery and forward to the appropriate internal team (Sales, Services) for further development.
The premium engineer will need a broad mix of skills and, most importantly, the ability to work well with a structured yet dynamic environment. In addition, the premium engineer candidate should possess the ability to work well in highly charged situations, have strong teaming skills and the ability to provide outstanding customer service.
Technical skills and capabilities need to be balanced with very strong inter-personal skills to be able to work closely with our customer sand become their trusted advisors. This is an individual contributor role, reporting to the Customer Success Manager. Frequent travel to customers will be a requirement.
- Be able to articulate the key values of SUSE products, solution and strategy
- A willingness and ability for frequent travel to work at customer locations where required
- Form strong business relationships with the customers at various levels of the organization
- Troubleshoot and provide accurate and timely resolution to customer issues. Serve as customer advocate within the group by facilitating escalation of issues through appropriate internal organizations
- Pro-actively identify issues by becoming familiar with customer's technical and business environment while providing recommendations for resolution to these issues
- Prevent customer issues by reviewing their environment regularly, report and correct issues per customer requirements
- Share knowledge by writing technical documents and pro-actively sending helpful technical information to customer (upcoming patches, technical news, etc)
- Document and communicate work performed in provided systems and document as requested
- Assist in the implementation of SUSE Solutions in line with specific Consulting engagements
- Interact with the existing Support team as required to meet the customer needs and always in a friendly and professional manner.
- Good communication skills in both Chinese and English, written and spoken.
Qualifications and Skills
- Proven technical skills in delivering Linux solutions in one or more of the following:
- SUSE Linux Kernel (must)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- SUSE Manager
- SUSE Enterprise Storage
- SUSE Open Stack Cloud
- SUSE Docker
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work independently and take initiative
- Position requires flexibility and capacity to work across a variety of activities within a matrix and virtual organizational framework.
- Ability to appropriately handle tense/stressful customer situations regarding service outages and issue resolution.
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Extensive experience in high-tech or software company
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office plus corporate applications
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Applicable Experience
- May at times be required to work outside of standard business hours
What we offer:
- SUSE is the ‘Open’ open source company where there is more to open than just the code
- We are more than Linux – you will work with various and diverse emerging technologies, such as CAP, CaasP, Storage Solutions (Ceph, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Giving back to the community – we value openness and new ideas and we have a real impact on open source development
- We learn from the best and share the knowledge – we organize and take part in various events such as Hack Week, SUSE Expert Days or Open Source Summit, at SUSE you will have a chance to work with seasoned experts of open source
- SUSE value the individual contribution and expertise of our people across roles and functions, therefore SUSE will enable you to succeed and to own your future career and growth
- Open Source is in our DNA. It shapes our unique culture where you are encouraged to be yourself and share your expertise. Check out our culture here: https://youtu.be/aqwea0p5kvM
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, software-defined infrastructure and application delivery solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 25 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. The lasting relationships we build allow us to adapt and deliver the smarter innovation they need to succeed—today and tomorrow.
For more information, visit www.suse.com