SUSE Director of Storage, North AmericaApply Now Job ID 311876 Date posted 11/02/2018 Location: Any, Florida
Director of Storage, North America
Location: Virtual Position – North America
SUSE is a leading provider of enterprise Linux solutions that enable organizations to deliver computing services across physical, virtual and cloud environments. In this role, the Regional Manager, Storage will manage, grow, and support SUSE relationship with Key Partners to drive revenue for SUSE solutions and strengthen the relationships. SUSE has unique advantages in the software defined storage space with its product, SUSE Enterprise Storage (SES).
You will have a specific North America revenue target with growth expectations. You will manage a team of Technical/Sales Resources to execute North American sales goals. You will be involved in hiring, terminating, allocating assignments and planning for your team.
The focus of the position is to recruit, enable, and sell SES with the sales organization through storage oriented partners.
You should become very familiar with your partners and look for areas to actively drive additional revenue opportunities. You will work closely to properly integrate SUSE solutions into their overall sales offerings. You will work closely with the SUSE sales teams, to identify and drive sales opportunities with these key partners.
Ultimately, your success will be measured by the revenue that your team and your partners generate for the SUSE business. You will be the direct conduit from the organization to the partners and vice versa.
- Recruit new channel partners with a strong storage practice (EMC, Nutanix, Netapp other)
- Engage with your storage partners to identify and drive sales opportunities
- Enable the Storage partners and create plans to get them to become Accredited or Solution Partners.
- Drive Deal Registration with your partners
- Develop and execute written partner business plans to drive certification and sales growth
- Responsible for partner sales targets
- Responsible to drive internal resources to assist partner execution of revenue goals
- Develop marketing programs with partners that drive awareness and leads
- Develop and execute incentive programs that drive partner sales
Experience in managing sales overlay team, preferably with software/storage vendors
- Deep knowledge of the technology marketplace, ideally with open source products
- Knowledge of key software channel partners and corporate structure/existing relationships
- Ability to build a strong network, both within SUSE and channels
- Experience in account management and sales execution with a history of delivering consistently against your revenue targets
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong relationship skills, especially in partnering situations
- 5+ years Management experience with Storage/Software companies
- Proven track record in business development
- Storage End User sales /Open Source Linux sales a plus
This position is virtual home office based and will require 25-50% travel. You will report directly to the Vice President of North America Sales.
SUSE, apioneer in open source software, provides reliable, software-defined infrastructure and application delivery solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 25 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. The lasting relationships we build allow us to adapt and deliver the smarter innovation they need to succeed—today and tomorrow.
For more information, visit www.suse.com