Software Engineer - Virtualization SpecialistApply Now Job ID 309826 Date posted 11/10/2017 Location: Empoli, IT
Software Engineer - Virtualization Specialist
The Virtualization Engineering Team at SUSE is responsible for developing and maintaining open-source virtualization software for use in our SUSE Linux Enterprise products. This includes the Xen and KVM hypervisors; Linux drivers for 3rd party hypervisors, such as Hyper-V and VMware; the libvirt toolkit and libvirt-based applications; and a variety of supporting tools and libraries.
We are looking for experienced Linux software developers proficient in Linux virtualization. We offer you an opportunity to work with a world-wide team of experts on cutting-edge Linux virtualization technologies; to interact with thriving open source communities; and to mentor other engineers while you continuously learn and enhance your skills.
As a candidate, you should have:
- 3+ years of experience in software development on Linux systems
- proficiency in the C programming language, and at least one scripting language (preferably python)
- strong background in one or more of the following areas:
- system management tools and libraries
- virtualization and/or cloud management tools
- Linux kernel and/or driver development
- expert level proficiency in one or more of the following areas:
- KVM/qemu or Xen and associated tooling
- libvirt api interface and driver model
- OpenStack or other cloud platforms
- hardware level virtualization components
- experience with RPM packaging, and the openSUSE Build Service framework
- strong communication and mentoring skills
Beyond these skills, possessing any of the following is a plus:
- hands-on experience with SUSE Linux Enterprise Server or openSUSE
- experience with complex virtualization environments involving enterprise-grade server, storage, or networking solutions
- consistent participation in and/or contribution to an open source software project, preferably Xen, qemu and/or libvirt
- familiarity with bugzilla, FATE, and/or git
- experience working with a global development team
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. SUSE is also an active member of many open source communities, such as the openSUSE Project, OpenStack, Ceph, OpenNFV, OpenHPC, and more, to help drive collaboration among global communities to help solve some of the world’s most challenging technology issues.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For more information, visit www.suse.com