Sales Director – Cloud Service ProvidersApply Now Job ID 309246 Date posted 11/10/2017 Location: Düsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen
Location: EMEA (Location is flexible / remote office)
Reports to: VP, Global Alliance Sales
SUSE delivers, with partners, innovative and robust solutions for enterprise customers. We are currently seeking a talented professional to manage alliance related sales relationships globally.
In this role as the Global Sales Director for CSPs you will be responsible for the design, implementation and measurement of partner specific sales programs that combine SUSE products/services and partner-provided products to create joint value solutions. You will be responsible for ensuring these programs are well established and properly leveraged by the SUSE and partner field sales teams in our targeted markets. Your focus will be commercial / go to market initiatives that ensure SUSE delivers solutions that add value to our joint customers in the market and drive bookings growth across all regions.
To be successful, you will become a trusted adviser to sales makers at SUSE, the partner and the downstream partner ecosystem. You will build and foster strategic sales relationships across the partner organization, SUSE and other key/appropriate ecosystem partners. In this role, you will build and mentor a virtual team responsible for achieving financial and non-financial sales objectives. You will create a comprehensive sales plan and oversee/direct the plan’s execution by translating it into a field engagement model to drive consistency and success across all geographies. This role will be responsible for accurate forecasting and driving global partner growth resulting in quota attainment.
This role requires a senior sales person with strong knowledge of how to develop and grow the business in the CSP space with an understanding of how to match business solutions with market demand.
- Design, drive and measure partner-specific sales programs
- Engage and Drive partner ecosystems
- Understand, leverage and enlist support of the partner & SUSE sales teams, as well as the in the pursuit of quota attainment and provide accurate forecasting
- Cultivate and manage productive senior level relationships within SUSE and with partner sales executives
- Develop/drive relationships with alliance sales counterparts
- Drive focus and efficiency in the leveraging marketing resources (staff, funding & activities) to support/accomplish key business objectives
- Create initiatives in the commercial / go to market area to help ensure our relevance with our partners and ensure their success
- MDF execution and ownership
- BS/BA in Business or related field, MBA preferred
- Experience developing/leading complex technology centric programs and initiatives in the partner space, with quota responsibility
- Familiarity with business, partner & channel development and selling within the technology space
- Ability to develop, own and execute a business plan including all key elements pertaining to business model, technology, marketing and sales execution
- Demonstrated track record of consistently meeting assigned quotas in a partner sales role
- The ideal candidate would have a strong network of key decision makers and experience working/partnering with large technology organizations
- Experience successfully building and managing virtual teams
- Ability to influence decision makers at all levels in the organization
- Strong communication and persuasion skills
- Ability to travel 50%, including international travel
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. SUSE is also an active member of many open source communities, such as the openSUSE Project, OpenStack, Ceph, OpenNFV, OpenHPC, and more, to help drive collaboration among global communities to help solve some of the world’s most challenging technology issues.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For more information, visit www.suse.com