Technical AccountantJob ID 311669 Date posted 09/28/2018 Location: Dublin, Dublin (Baile Átha Cliath)
Technical Accountant (External Reporting)
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Purpose of the role:
SUSE is building up a stand-alone dedicated finance function in readiness to operate independently (initially within Micro Focus) and thereafter within SUSE post completion of the sale of the SUSE business to EQT, subject to regulatory approval.
The Shared Service Centers in Dublin and Provo supports the Group’s WW businesses directly contributing to the success of the company’s 1,500+ employees WW.
Reporting to the World Wide Financial Controller, this role is for an Technical Accountant, who will provide oversight and review of accounting and reporting across all territories in which the Group operates by providing monthly consolidated management accounts and strengthening technical accounting by ensuring reports are compliant with IFRS regulation.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual, who is interested in advancing their career in Finance in the fast moving software industry.
A key attribute needed from this role, is working in close partnership with the wider SUSE team, ensuring there is a common respect and understanding between this team and other disciplines, to ensure the team operate in partnership, understanding and appreciating the responsibilities of each discipline.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ownership of all consolidation and financial reporting aspects of the Group building a strong relationship with the Finance teams, to ensure reporting requirements are coordinated and deadlines achieved
- Monthly Consolidation of the SUSE Group financial statements in accordance with IFRS
- Production of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports in accordance with IFRS
- Preparation of the published annual Group Report to tight deadlines in accordance with IFRS
- Provision of appropriate reporting and accounting advice for optimal reporting outcomes
- Development and maintenance of the Group General Ledger and the Group Chart of Accounts to ensure that they continually evolve to meet business needs
- Management of the group structure chart
- Writing of technical accounting papers around the key accounting issues facing the Group
- Proactively identify improvements to existing processes or new processes to add value to reporting output
- Assist in M&A activity as necessary
- Work on special projects when required
- Assist with control frameworks.
Skills and knowledge required
Excellent technical accounting (IFRS), analytical and reporting experience are essential. In addition, candidates should be able to demonstrate commercial acumen and solid experience of building and maintaining strong and productive working relationships with a broad range of demanding business customers and across the wider Finance community.
Some of the specific skills required are:
- Qualified (‘Big 4’ OR 'Top 10') accountant with 5+ years’ experience, with strong academic credentials (e.g. honours degree) operating at a similar level in industry, preferably gained in a plc / multi-national environment
- Excellent IFRS financial accounting experience, UK & Irish GAAP with a solid understanding of relevant technical accounting issues
- Proven experience of developing and implementing reporting & operating process improvements in a Finance environment
- Experience of SAP financial systems would be desirable
- Software industry experience would be a distinct advantage
- Strong written, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- A challenging, varied and exciting job within a global operating company
- An international corporate culture, which is shaped by innovation, performance-orientation, openness and teamwork
- An attractive salary and benefit package
- An appealing career development program, which offers varied potential for development
Founded in 1992, SUSE is the world’s first provider of an Enterprise Linux distribution. Today, thousands of businesses worldwide rely on SUSE for their mission critical computing and IT management needs. SUSE provides and supports enterprise-grade Linux and open source solutions with exceptional service, value and flexibility. Having joined the Micro Focus International Group in 2014, the company continues to go from strength to strength in the open source space.
Organisations today face increasing pressure to become more agile and economically efficient in order to grow, compete and survive. They must leverage digital assets, information and an explosion of new infrastructure software innovation to fuel and enable their digital transformation.
These emerging infrastructure technologies, which are built on open source and Linux, create new levels of freedom and flexibility. As organisations embrace this freedom and flexibility, they demand open source solutions that are reliable, secure and enterprise ready. That’s what we successfully do since more than 25 years.
SUSE builds from its Linux heritage and works with an ecosystem of partners and communities to adapt and secure open source solutions backed by superior service and support. We enable customers to manage complexity, reduce cost and deliver business-critical services powering innovation and digital transformation.
Our truly open, open source solutions, flexible business practices, lack of enforced vendor lock-in and exceptional service are more critical to customer organisations than ever before.
Our consistent ability to meet these market demands creates a cycle of success, momentum and growth that allows SUSE to continue to deliver the open source innovation customers need to achieve their digital transformation goals.
SUSE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status.