Sales Operations Business Intelligence AnalystJob ID 311948 Date posted 11/20/2018 Location: Dublin, IE
Sales Operations Business Intelligence Analyst
Location: Dublin, Ireland
The Sales Operations Business Intelligence Analyst is a member of the SUSE Global Sales Operations organization and reporting into the Senior Manager for Shared Operations Services. The Sales Operations organization is a professional, committed and dynamic international team which provide an invaluable contribution to the success of the business. This role will have responsibility to provide first class BI Services to the worldwide SUSE Field Operations team.
SUSE is standing up this function in readiness to operate independently (initially within Micro Focus) and thereafter within SUSE post completion of the sale of the SUSE business to EQT, subject to shareholder and regulatory approval.
This individual will be responsible for maintaining and implementing BI tools for Sales and Sales Operations in close collaboration with IT and the Finance BI function. Once the future SUSE IT stack is defined this role will be supporting the transition from the current heritage environment to the new set of reporting tools with a focus on providing consistent metrics on all levels (from Sales Rep to Sales President) that are in line with and supporting the objectives of the sales organization.
Key responsibilities of the role include
- Implement a tailored set of BI tools in support of the key reporting requirements for the sales organization, including lead conversion, pipeline progression, sales forecast, order tracking and sales attainment reports.
- Enable measurement of key business metrics and performance indicators for sales so the organization can leverage a consistent view of sales performance across all teams.
- Provide expertise and leadership in the master data management, data governance, data quality, master data integration and architecture.
- Help train and mentor new analysts to work in the organization as the SUSE business keeps growing.
- Work with Sales Operations and sales leaders to define required reporting elements for running the business.
- Enablement of Sales Leaders and other internal customers on effectively using the tools provided.
On-going responsibilities around managing the Sales BI environment will include:
- Work with IT to maintain the database environment and provide updates and improvements.
- Prepare reports and packages in support of the annual sales planning process.
- Work with internal customers to develop custom reports around product specific and route-to-market specific pipeline and forecast reports as well as longer term trend analysis.
- Test and implement changes to the various reporting systems, being able to coordinate the testing with multiple individuals and groups in various locations.
- Additional analysis and contribution to special projects as a subject matter expert to the continuous development of SUSE’s ERP, CRM and PRM systems, customer portals and other customer facing tools.
The position requires a candidate with a solid business understanding and strong communication skills as the role involves working and collaborating with multiple disciplines and business units across the company. Likewise the ability to work effectively across different cultures, team spirit, and a can-do and proactive approach is essential. Experience of working in the sales or Go To Market organisation, ideally in a high tech industry, preferably software is an advantage.
Typically candidates will have a University level education. Practical international experience in the Software/Software Consulting sector, exposure to CRM and Revenue/Market Analytical Tools is essential. The role will demand a lot of interaction with senior sales and business unit leaders so previous experience and the gravitas from working at this level is essential.
- 3+ years of experience in an enterprise high tech or software environment with experience in a sales, finance, support role for sales or related groups
- A track record of successful project delivery and organizational skills
- Computer skills including advanced MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint is essential
- Experience in designing and integrating data from multi-system (On-Prem and SaaS) environments for near real-time reporting
- Strong background in Oracle, MS SQL, MS Access and/or PostGres databases and programming experience in ETL process, PL/SQL, T-SQL, Stored Procedures
- Knowledge of Python, Ruby or R will be an advantage
- Strong data analysis skills including experience with typical BI tools like Qlik / Tableau / Power BI
- Candidates must have good phone and written communication skills, as well as the demonstrated ability to work as part of a globally distributed team
- Fluency in English is required, second (European) language a plus
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Ability to identify, research, coordinate and resolve issues
- Well-organized with the ability to multi-task across multiple deliverables
- Self-driven and detail oriented with high standards of accuracy and precision
- Flexibility to work hours needed to meet monthly and quarterly reporting deadlines
- Ability to learn new systems quickly and work with large amounts of complex data
Founded in 1992, SUSE is the world’s first provider of an Enterprise Linux distribution. Today, thousands of businesses worldwide rely on SUSE for their mission critical computing and IT management needs. SUSE provides and supports enterprise-grade Linux and open source solutions with exceptional service, value and flexibility. Having joined the Micro Focus International Group in 2014, the company continues to go from strength to strength in the open source space.
Organisations today face increasing pressure to become more agile and economically efficient in order to grow, compete and survive. They must leverage digital assets, information and an explosion of new infrastructure software innovation to fuel and enable their digital transformation.
These emerging infrastructure technologies, which are built on open source and Linux, create new levels of freedom and flexibility. As organisations embrace this freedom and flexibility, they demand open source solutions that are reliable, secure and enterprise ready. That’s what we successfully do since more than 25 years.
SUSE builds from its Linux heritage and works with an ecosystem of partners and communities to adapt and secure open source solutions backed by superior service and support. We enable customers to manage complexity, reduce cost and deliver business-critical services powering innovation and digital transformation.
Our truly open, open source solutions, flexible business practices, lack of enforced vendor lock-in and exceptional service are more critical to customer organisations than ever before.
Our consistent ability to meet these market demands creates a cycle of success, momentum and growth that allows SUSE to continue to deliver the open source innovation customers need to achieve their digital transformation goals.
SUSE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status.