Order Management SpecialistApply Now Job ID 311652 Date posted 09/28/2018 Location: Dublin, IE
Order Management Specialist
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Purpose of the role:
Reporting to the EMEA Customer Operations Manager, the Order Management specialist will play a key role in managing the relationship with SUSE customer, SUSE Channel Partners and SUSE sales. The primary role is to process customer orders in an accurate and timely manner, handle queries to resolution and support the sales team.
Key responsibilities for this role:
- Book and process customer orders for the various SUSE channel programs
- Ensure compliance to bookings policy, auditing paperwork for completeness to ensure revenue can booked and recognised
- Manage key relationships with internal and external customers
- Assist Distributors, Resellers and local SUSE sales offices with enquiries related to order status, product availability, pricing and programs, operating within policies and procedures
- Provide cover for team members when needed
- Support sales with simple quote creation when product/program is not available to issue through the external quote tool
- Manage the RMA process with partners, processing as per RMA guidelines
- Approach duties proactively, seek out areas for improvement and growth to maintain a high quality ethic
- Participate in additional projects as identified by your manager
Profile and skills requirements:
- Minimum 2 years + experience in an order management role in the ICT sector
- 3rd level qualification is desirable
- Fluency in English is essential with fluency in a second language an advantage
- Individual must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand basic accounting principles, must be able to perform mathematical functions, such as calculating percentages and prorated fees
- Ability to multi task within an environment of high variability, complexity and pressure,
- Experience reading and interpreting legal contract and contract terms is a plus
- Knowledge of Oracle an advantage
- Desktop computer proficiency is required, must have a good working knowledge of MS Office environments
Note: From time to time it may be necessary to work in excess of standard hours to ensure deadlines are met, specifically during quarter end and year end periods (last two weeks of Jan, Apr, Jul, Oct) – subject to change.
Founded in 1992, SUSE is the world’s first provider of an Enterprise Linux distribution. Today, thousands of businesses worldwide rely on SUSE for their mission critical computing and IT management needs. SUSE provides and supports enterprise-grade Linux and open source solutions with exceptional service, value and flexibility. Having joined the Micro Focus International Group in 2014, the company continues to go from strength to strength in the open source space.
Organisations today face increasing pressure to become more agile and economically efficient in order to grow, compete and survive. They must leverage digital assets, information and an explosion of new infrastructure software innovation to fuel and enable their digital transformation.
These emerging infrastructure technologies, which are built on open source and Linux, create new levels of freedom and flexibility. As organisations embrace this freedom and flexibility, they demand open source solutions that are reliable, secure and enterprise ready. That’s what we successfully do since more than 25 years.
SUSE builds from its Linux heritage and works with an ecosystem of partners and communities to adapt and secure open source solutions backed by superior service and support. We enable customers to manage complexity, reduce cost and deliver business-critical services powering innovation and digital transformation.
Our truly open, open source solutions, flexible business practices, lack of enforced vendor lock-in and exceptional service are more critical to customer organisations than ever before.
Our consistent ability to meet these market demands creates a cycle of success, momentum and growth that allows SUSE to continue to deliver the open source innovation customers need to achieve their digital transformation goals.
SUSE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status.