License Management SpecialistApply Now Job ID 311694 Date posted 10/03/2018 Location: Dublin, IE
License Management Specialist
Location: Dublin, Ireland
This role reports to the Director Global Compliance (or team lead Compliance Auditors) and is based in any of our major locations, preferably Provo, UT or Dublin, Ireland.
Your primary responsibility is to work with SUSE’s Compliance Managers, Auditors and Legal Team to prepare formal notification/Comparison documents to allow the Compliance Managers to negotiate the most amicable and efficient resolution to identified license compliance issues.
In order to meet this objective you will:
- Work with Compliance Managers to create target customers
- Run system reports to generate cases via our standard propensity targets
- Once targets have been selected confirm these targets are eligible for audits and work with Compliance Manager to send Notice Of Audit letters to the customer and update Pivotal to reflect that the customer is now being audited by using the compliance flag
- Prepare the entitlement tables for the audit team and then work with the audit team during data collection to ensure that all the necessary data is collected before the customer signs off the paperwork
- Review data collected by the audit team with our records to determine what if any non-compliance there is with the account, if necessary work with legal to confirm the findings, especially if working with a bespoke agreement
- Prepare Comparison Table or Notification Letter dependent on the preference of the Compliance Manager and then walk the Compliance Manager through your findings
- Work with the Compliance Manager to prepare calculations pre delivery to the customer
- Ensure you are available to get all data into Pivotal so the orders can be processed once the deal is closed ensure the compliance tab is completed correctly
To be successful in this role, we expect you to have:
- Strong analytical and logic skills
- Demonstrable experience in working towards revenue generating targets
- Demonstrable experience in building and maintaining relationships with colleagues across all business areas, preferably in an international setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Other languages are a plus (Spanish, French, German, Italian)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise, an ability to manage and action a large number of simultaneous engagements
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Confidence in using CRM systems, for example Pivotal, Oracle, JDE
The ideal candidate has 3+ years of experience in a similar position.
Founded in 1992, SUSE is the world’s first provider of an Enterprise Linux distribution. Today, thousands of businesses worldwide rely on SUSE for their mission critical computing and IT management needs. SUSE provides and supports enterprise-grade Linux and open source solutions with exceptional service, value and flexibility. Having joined the Micro Focus International Group in 2014, the company continues to go from strength to strength in the open source space.
Organisations today face increasing pressure to become more agile and economically efficient in order to grow, compete and survive. They must leverage digital assets, information and an explosion of new infrastructure software innovation to fuel and enable their digital transformation.
These emerging infrastructure technologies, which are built on open source and Linux, create new levels of freedom and flexibility. As organisations embrace this freedom and flexibility, they demand open source solutions that are reliable, secure and enterprise ready. That’s what we successfully do since more than 25 years.
SUSE builds from its Linux heritage and works with an ecosystem of partners and communities to adapt and secure open source solutions backed by superior service and support. We enable customers to manage complexity, reduce cost and deliver business-critical services powering innovation and digital transformation.
Our truly open, open source solutions, flexible business practices, lack of enforced vendor lock-in and exceptional service are more critical to customer organisations than ever before.
Our consistent ability to meet these market demands creates a cycle of success, momentum and growth that allows SUSE to continue to deliver the open source innovation customers need to achieve their digital transformation goals.
SUSE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status.
At SUSE we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For more information about this and other jobs, please visit www.suse.com/jobs.