General Ledger ManagerJob ID 311643 Date posted 09/28/2018 Location: Dublin, IE
General Ledger Manager
Location: Dublin, Ireland
SUSE is building up a stand-alone dedicated finance function in readiness to operate independently (initially within Micro Focus) and thereafter within SUSE post completion of the sale of the SUSE business to EQT, subject to regulatory approval.
The Shared Service Centers in Dublin and Provo supports the Group’s WW businesses directly contributing to the success of the company’s 1,500+ employees WW.
Reporting to the WW Finance Controller, this role will have overall responsibility to manage and oversee the team that will have ownership and responsibility for managing the integrity and completeness of the accounting ledgers, which forms the basis for reported financials on a WW basis.
This role is to provide leadership to the SUSE finance WW General Ledger team, delivering best in class service to key stakeholders across all relevant processes including ensuring integrity of the books and records. Team will be based in Dublin and Provo. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual, who is interested in advancing their career in Finance Management in the fast moving software industry.
A key attribute needed from this role, is working in close partnership with the wider SUSE team, ensuring there is a common respect and understanding between this team and other disciplines, to ensure the team operate in partnership, understanding and appreciating the responsibilities of each discipline.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and control the monthly General Ledger close process to IFRS standards, that include multi-company and multi-currency consolidated accounts.
- Responsibility for the preparation of the consolidated reporting of the Group companies. Produce sections of consolidated published accounts and related supporting analyses ensuring compliance with accounting policies, statutory requirements and IFRS. This involves reviewing and analysing submissions from businesses, working collaboratively with the relevant finance team to investigate unexpected items and liaising with external auditors.
- Review of the monthly accounts to ensure compliance with IFRS.
- Review of monthly variance reporting and balance sheet reconciliations and control.
- Control of Sales Tax / VAT returns to ensure completed, submitted and paid on time.
- Manage the annual statutory audit for assigned entities ensuring the appropriate preparatory work is completed on time and the smooth running of the audits.
- Review of statutory financial statements and ensure completed and filed on time.
- Assist the tax team with the preparation and completion of Corporation Tax returns.
- Review of payroll files.
- Liaison with the group and subsidiaries on management recharges and intercompany.
- Ensuring corporate policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Manage the team to ensure as new opportunities arise that the team are ready to take on new challenges;
Required Skills and Knowledge:
This is a role for a highly organized and motivated accounting manager. The candidate will need to demonstrate strength and experience in people management skills, have a strong accounting background and be able to get up to speed quickly on a variety of issues while managing remote relationships.
Some of the specific skills required are;
- A recognized professional accounting qualification.
- 5 years’ PQE experience working in a central financial capacity in the software, technology or telecoms sectors.
- Experience in managing, leading and motivating a team of experienced professionals
- Solid technical finance ability.
- Excellent ERP experience – SAP experience is highly desirable
- Energetic, driven and solutions focused
- A challenging, varied and exciting job within a global operating company.
- An international corporate culture, which is shaped by innovation, performance-orientation, openness and teamwork.
- An attractive salary and benefit package.
- An appealing career development program, which offers varied potential for development.
Founded in 1992, SUSE is the world’s first provider of an Enterprise Linux distribution. Today, thousands of businesses worldwide rely on SUSE for their mission critical computing and IT management needs. SUSE provides and supports enterprise-grade Linux and open source solutions with exceptional service, value and flexibility. Having joined the Micro Focus International Group in 2014, the company continues to go from strength to strength in the open source space.
Organisations today face increasing pressure to become more agile and economically efficient in order to grow, compete and survive. They must leverage digital assets, information and an explosion of new infrastructure software innovation to fuel and enable their digital transformation.
These emerging infrastructure technologies, which are built on open source and Linux, create new levels of freedom and flexibility. As organisations embrace this freedom and flexibility, they demand open source solutions that are reliable, secure and enterprise ready. That’s what we successfully do since more than 25 years.
SUSE builds from its Linux heritage and works with an ecosystem of partners and communities to adapt and secure open source solutions backed by superior service and support. We enable customers to manage complexity, reduce cost and deliver business-critical services powering innovation and digital transformation.
Our truly open, open source solutions, flexible business practices, lack of enforced vendor lock-in and exceptional service are more critical to customer organisations than ever before.
Our consistent ability to meet these market demands creates a cycle of success, momentum and growth that allows SUSE to continue to deliver the open source innovation customers need to achieve their digital transformation goals.
SUSE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status.