Credit & Collections SpecialistApply Now Job ID 311637 Date posted 09/28/2018 Location: Dublin, IE
Credit Control Specialist
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Purpose of the role:
SUSE is building up a stand-alone dedicated finance function in readiness to operate independently (initially within Micro Focus) and thereafter within SUSE post completion of the sale of the SUSE business to EQT, subject to regulatory approval.
The Shared Service Centers in Dublin and Provo supports the Group’s WW businesses directly contributing to the success of the company’s 1,500+ employees WW.
Reporting to the WW Credit & Collections Controller, this is a role for a dynamic and highly motivated team player who has a good attention to detail and is a quick learner. This role will involve credit risk assessment, collections, cash applications and reporting. The candidate will manage an important portfolio of accounts and will be expected to regularly attend team meetings, giving progress updates to the manager and team colleagues. Performance will be assessed based on achievement of personal and team goals and objectives, overall corporate credit & cash targets and contribution to process improvements.
This is an exciting opportunity for a committed individual, who is interested in advancing their career in Finance in the fast moving software industry.
A key attribute needed from this role, is working in close partnership with the wider SUSE team, ensuring there is a common respect and understanding between this team and other disciplines, to ensure the team operate in partnership, understanding and appreciating the responsibilities of each discipline.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsibility for credit risk assessment and collections within specific markets for SUSE
- Cash applications to be performed daily to an extremely high standard
- Tracking and reporting on credit & collections progress for the WW Credit & Collections Controller
- Team working to ensure the credit team achieve quarterly cash targets
- Building and maintaining a good relationship with Sales and other departments such as Revenue, AR, Contracts, Renewals Team and Order Management
- Ensure a high quality service is provided to our internal customers
- Dealing with customer queries in a timely manner
- Proactively contributing to the development and application of the Groups collections processes and procedures. Candidate will be encouraged to suggest and / or implement process changes and to discuss with other team colleagues during team meetings
- Work closely with WW Credit & Collections Controller to ensure credit risk assessments are up to date and assist in work with auditors at several stages throughout the year
- Work to strict deadlines and under certain periods of pressure
- Opportunities for project work will arise
Required skills and knowledge
This is a role for a highly organized and motivated team player. Some of the specific skills required are:
- Credit & Collections experience would be a distinct advantage
- Previous experience in a multi-national finance department
- Candidate must be a team player and a very good communicator
- Oracle and/or SAP Financials experience would be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of Excel also a requirement
- Proficiency in a foreign language may be an advantage
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Energetic, driven and solutions focused
- A challenging, varied and exciting job within a global operating company
- An international corporate culture, which is shaped by innovation, performance-orientation, openness and teamwork
- An attractive salary and benefit package
- An appealing career development program, which offers varied potential for development
Founded in 1992, SUSE is the world’s first provider of an Enterprise Linux distribution. Today, thousands of businesses worldwide rely on SUSE for their mission critical computing and IT management needs. SUSE provides and supports enterprise-grade Linux and open source solutions with exceptional service, value and flexibility. Having joined the Micro Focus International Group in 2014, the company continues to go from strength to strength in the open source space.
Organisations today face increasing pressure to become more agile and economically efficient in order to grow, compete and survive. They must leverage digital assets, information and an explosion of new infrastructure software innovation to fuel and enable their digital transformation.
These emerging infrastructure technologies, which are built on open source and Linux, create new levels of freedom and flexibility. As organisations embrace this freedom and flexibility, they demand open source solutions that are reliable, secure and enterprise ready. That’s what we successfully do since more than 25 years.
SUSE builds from its Linux heritage and works with an ecosystem of partners and communities to adapt and secure open source solutions backed by superior service and support. We enable customers to manage complexity, reduce cost and deliver business-critical services powering innovation and digital transformation.
Our truly open, open source solutions, flexible business practices, lack of enforced vendor lock-in and exceptional service are more critical to customer organisations than ever before.
Our consistent ability to meet these market demands creates a cycle of success, momentum and growth that allows SUSE to continue to deliver the open source innovation customers need to achieve their digital transformation goals.
SUSE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status.