Public Cloud DeveloperApply Now Job ID 309949 Date posted 11/17/2017 Location: Any, DE
Public Cloud Developer
Location: Flexible European location
Role: Software Developer
Job Title: Public Cloud Developer
Career Level: Senior Software Engineer
Position Type: Fulltime Regular
Department: ISV & Public Cloud Infrastructure
The Public Cloud is a fast paced environment within the IT industry. In the Public Cloud Team, we work very closely with our partners Amazon, Google, and Microsoft to ensure our users have the best in class experience when using SUSE products within their public cloud framework of choice.
We are looking for a senior software developer interested in learning new technologies and interested to work in a fast paced partner facing team. As a member of the Public Cloud team you will be engaged across a wide variety of projects and technologies. These include using the Public Cloud APIs for automation, bringing SUSE product as Public Cloud images to our partner Marketplaces, working on internal tooling to improve our efficiency for image releases and image testing, as well as working on Web interface design and implementation.
- Self motivated and enthusiasm to learn.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science (or related degree and experience).
- 4 years of work experience.
- Experience with Python, Ruby, and Ruby on Rails
- Proficient with git
- Good understanding of Linux Systems
- Public Cloud experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication are essential.
- Team oriented.
- Involvement with the Open Source community and Open Source projects such as openSUSE.
- Experience in the use of GitHub
- Perl, packaging RPM or deb, knowledge of OBS, container technology, image building
- Linux system setup, configuration, and administration.
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. SUSE is also an active member of many open source communities, such as the openSUSE Project, OpenStack, Ceph, OpenNFV, OpenHPC, and more, to help drive collaboration among global communities to help solve some of the world’s most challenging technology issues.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For more information, visit www.suse.com