Linux Kernel Network Engineer (Flexible Location)Apply Now Job ID 309988 Date posted 11/29/2017 Location: Any city, DE
Linux Kernel Network Engineer
As a leading enterprise Linux vendor, SUSE is actively involved in the development of many open source projects, including the Linux kernel. We are currently seeking a new member of the SUSE Labs team to support the linux networking stack and the network drivers within the linux kernel.
SUSE Labs consists of a globally distributed team of world-class software developers with a mission of driving core technologies from within their development communities. Members of SUSE Labs are responsible for designing and implementing new features as well as maintaining the existing implementations of our products.
The ideal candidate will represent him- or herself actively within the global Linux kernel development community, share their knowledge, and further develop it via special interest groups, professional organizations, and specialized conferences.
The candidate hired for the position will be working on diagnosing and addressing issue with network drivers and the network stack in general. He is expected to interact with hardware companies to resolve reported issues with the network drivers.
* Technical analysis of network driver issues
* Addressing customer issues with network drivers and the networking stack
* Integrate and port new drivers to the SUSE Linux kernel
* Interact with upstream to integrate developed fixes into the linux kernel
* Interact with hardware vendors to develop fixes for identified issues
* Excellent knowledge of the C programming language
* Good knowledge of the linux kernel network stack
* Good knowledge of networking principles
* Good knowledge of open-source community principles, with particular focus on Linux Kernel development model and practices
* Good knowledge of assembly languages for common architectures
* Good knowledge of Linux debugging tools
* Good spoken and written knowledge of English
* Ability work both within a team and independently
* Persistent in finding accurate, thorough solutions to problems
* Considerate and assertive
* Flexible and has the ability to work under pressure
- The opportunity to participate directly in the creation and improvement of Linux operating systems
- 10% of working time for professional development
- Direct cooperating and collaboration with members of numerous free/open source software projects, distributed globally
- Flexible weekly working time
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. SUSE is also an active member of many open source communities, such as the openSUSE Project, OpenStack, Ceph, OpenNFV, OpenHPC, and more, to help drive collaboration among global communities to help solve some of the world’s most challenging technology issues.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For more information, visit www.suse.com