Software EngineerApply Now Job ID 311891 Date posted 11/07/2018 Location: Bristol, Bristol, City of
Location: Bristol, UK
At SUSE we’re building the next-generation cloud platforms based on Kubernetes and Cloud Foundry. The SUSE Cloud Application Platform engineering team is looking for a Software Engineer to join the team to develop and deliver industry-leading web-based application management tools for Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes.
You will be working on Stratos - the open-source management UI for Cloud Foundry, developed by SUSE and up-streamed to the Cloud Foundry Foundation. You will contribute to the continued development of this project for the Cloud Foundry community and also extend it for the needs of SUSE and its customers, extending its reach further across the Cloud Application Platform stack.
At SUSE we're strongly committed to open source and contribute to numerous free and open projects and initiatives. We embrace and believe in the open source innovation model and the open source business model. As a member of the SUSE Cloud Application Platform team you will have the opportunity to contribute to and be part of various open source projects like Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes.
Curiosity and good teamwork are two of the values that drive us as a development team. If you are passionate about these values too, you are likely a great fit for us. As a team, we're constantly finding ways to improve ourselves. We pride ourselves on our communication and teamwork – we're all in this together!
Come join us if you have hands-on experience building web-based applications. A deep technical passion and enjoying learning the latest technologies and programming languages like Docker, Kubernetes and Go is a plus.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience
Knowledge and Skills:
At least 3 years’ software engineering or equivalent experience:
- Experience developing back-end software that exposes REST APIs
- Experience across the development lifecycle including DevOps
- Experience with continuous integration systems such as Jenkins or Concourse
- Experience with Angular or a similar front-end stack
- Experience and/or interest in Agile methodologies
- Experience of working in Linux based environments
- Experience working on production, shipping code
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to document and automate common tasks
- Knowledge of Cloud Foundry, OpenShift, Kubernetes, Apache Mesos, Docker containers
- Knowledge of, or desire to learn, Go
- Performance instrumentation, analysis and tuning
- Experience and/or interest in Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with open source development
- Experience with Cloud Computing (OpenStack, AWS, or Azure) and/or Distributed Systems
SUSE, apioneer in open source software, provides reliable, software-defined infrastructure and application delivery solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 25 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. The lasting relationships we build allow us to adapt and deliver the smarter innovation they need to succeed—today and tomorrow.
For more information, visit www.suse.com