Sales Engineer – UKIApply Now Job ID 309802 Date posted 11/10/2017 Location: Bracknell, Berkshire, GB
SUSE Sales Engineer
Location: Flexible, UK (Virtual office) but with occasional travel to the office in Bracknell (once a week).
Reporting to: SUSE Regional Director EMEA West & UK&I SE Team Leader
Reporting into the SUSE Regional Director EMEA West and the UK&I SE Team Leader, you will present SUSE to our enterprise customers and explain complex technology-basedsolutions that address their business requirements.
This is what we expect from a successful sales engineer:
- Drive revenue while working with several sales colleagues and own the technical sales cycle
- Work with partners, consulting, support, and education on new opportunities within our customers and prospects
- Initiate and/or assist in proposal creation
- Propose, prepare and deliver proof of concepts
- Deliver valuable market and customer feedback to our product management organization
- Provide sales, enablement and training assistance in partner opportunities
- Participate in marketing events including trade shows, seminars and conferences as subject matter expert
Who are we looking for?
First and foremost, we are looking for an expert to address technical challenges from a commercial perspective. You are a self-starter who is able to work with minimum supervision and a proven team player – you know what is needed to work in a small local team with a big virtual team around you.
Furthermore, you will have:
- Technical knowledge in Linux (Certifications preferred but not essential)
- Experience with open source software in the enterprise environment (i.e. Software Defined Infrastructure projects CEPH, OpenStack etc.)
- Knowledge of Windows & Common virtualization platforms
- Minimum of 3, preferably 5 years experience in Sales, Presales or Technical Support roles
- Solution architecture and implementation experience
- Excellent networking, presentation, and communication skills
- Strong sales orientation
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or comparable experience
- A passion for technology and a desire to learn
- An understanding of DevOps
- Strong written and verbal skills (English)
The role is based in Bracknell, travel within the UK and Ireland as well as occasional travel throughout Europe and to the United States is expected.
What does SUSE offer?
The ideal candidate commits to and follows through on a development plan that will build skills (sales, product, business management, technology, etc) necessary in order to grow with SUSE and make a difference in the future of the business and to be recognized by stakeholders as an accomplished SUSE representative.
At SUSE we strive to build a great company. We take responsibility both individually and collectively and act with integrity and respect. We communicate openly and honestly. We expect the same mindset from our new colleagues and part of our recruitment process is focused on these company values.
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. SUSE is also an active member of many open source communities, such as the openSUSE Project, OpenStack, Ceph, OpenNFV, OpenHPC, and more, to help drive collaboration among global communities to help solve some of the world’s most challenging technology issues.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For more information, visit www.suse.com