Enterprise Storage Sales SpecialistApply Now Job ID 310824 Date posted 05/09/2018 Location: Bracknell, Berkshire, GB
Enterprise Storage Sales Specialist
SUSE offers a family of products centered on SUSE Linux Enterprise, the most interoperable platform for mission-critical computing. Our latest innovation is SUSE Enterprise Storage (SES), SES provides software-defined storage that lets you keep up with the explosive growth of digital data without crippling your budget.
To support this growing business, we are seeking a SUSE Enterprise Storage Sales Specialist:
You will be responsible for working with a sales team to drive SUSE Enterprise Storage (SES) bookings objectives by selling directly to the enterprise or by leveraging relationships with SUSE partners and alliances. You will be expected to become a trusted advisor on SES, (SUSE) Linux, Open Source, and related strategies & products to these organizations as well as develop and maintain executive-level relationships.
Place in the organization:
This position reports into the EMEA Storage Director. This position is based in the Bracknell office
- To achieve or exceed bookings targets on a consistent basis.
- To build and maintain a rolling pipeline of potential sales opportunities.
- To build SUSE’s image and reputation in targeted enterprise accounts and beyond.
- To properly maintain and track opportunities via SUSE’s CRM solution.
- To provide periodic, accurate and achievable forecasts.
- To understand the strengths and weaknesses of the company’s competitors to deliver value to the market and to maximize the sale of SES.
- To provide consistent and regular communication with other customer touching departments to ensure smooth operation.
- To build and/or maintain business and contractual relationships in accordance with SUSE policies and procedures.
- To represent SUSE in a professional manner.
- Bookings performance against target.
- Pipeline development.
- Prospect management
- 7+ years sales experience selling enterprise software and storage solutions or 5+ years in storage sales and 10+ in overall sales experience.
- 4 years in a key account manager role.
- Experience in successful selling to medium, large and very large enterprises in the assigned region
- Solid track record of sales quota achievement and success.
- Experience seeking and developing relationships at board and operational level in enterprise accounts.
- Experience with Linux, Open source and related strategies preferred.
- Experienced in managing complex sales processes in a structured manner.
- Excellent English skills both verbal and in writing, as well as the ability to understand and communicate technical concepts.
- Self-starter who is able to work with minimum supervision within a fast-growing organization.
- A leverage-able network of accounts, preferably in the high end of the market.
Who are we looking for:
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Demonstrable closing skills
- Ability to leverage resource and support
- Likes to be in the challenger position versus being a position protector
- Energetic and hungry for success
- High integrity – you make and keep commitments and knows how to build a long-term relationship with customers, partners and colleagues.
- Proven team player – knows what it is to work in a small team with a big virtual team around you.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, software-defined infrastructure and application delivery solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 25 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. The lasting relationships we build allow us to adapt and deliver the smarter innovation they need to succeed—today and tomorrow.
For more information, visit www.suse.com