Technical Account ManagerApply Now Job ID 309844 Date posted 11/10/2017 Location: Beijing, Beijing
Technical Account Manager
The SUSE Technical Account Manager is responsible for the collaborative development efforts between SUSE and select partners with a focus on, but not limited to, the development of SUSE Linux Enterprise products.
Working closely with Product Management, Engineering and Partner Alliance teams, the TAM owns and drives SUSE product requirements related to enabling joint product solutions with our key partners. In areas related to their domains of expertise, TAMs may also act as technical product managers for specific components and aspects of SUSE products and solutions including (but not limited to):
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- SUSE Container as a Service Platform
- SUSE OpenStack Cloud
- SUSE Enterprise Storage
- SUSE Manager
In support of the collaborative development efforts, the TAM is responsible for any of the following where applicable to the individual partner:
- Understanding, articulating and discussing product requirements with product management as well as engineering level counterparts
- Exchanging Product and technology roadmaps between SUSE and partners
- Organizing technical review meetings between SUSE and partner
- Fostering and managing partner participation in SUSE beta programs
- Prioritizing and driving resolutions to bug reports in the context of product development at SUSE or the partner.
- Securing partner resources to aid SUSE in development and support of SUSE products (i.e. access to partner: products, developer resources and technical knowledge)
In addition to tasks related to product development, the TAM may be involved with any of the following:
- Enabling partners to leverage SUSE products for development of joint solutions
- Technical guidance on SUSE and/or partner marketing activities around joint solutions that the TAM is involved with.
- Efforts to resolve high-profile / crit-sit customer support issues at SUSE that involve partner products.
- General knowledge of operating systems / infrastructure software and computer hardware
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills in all settings and across cultures. This will include face to face, phone, IM, video link or in front of larger audiences
- Ability to drive solutions through mediation between organizations having conflicting requirements
- General knowledge and use of Linux as a primary system for daily productivity
- Self-motivated. Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Strong spoken and written English
- Broad knowledge of Linux and/or OpenStack and related technologies
- General customer/partner management skills
- Project Management skills
- Basic troubleshooting skills, some engineering background.
- Expertise in current virtualization and container technologies and trends
- Kernel and HW debugging experience a plus
- Knowledge of SUSE products
- Good documentation skills
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. SUSE is also an active member of many open source communities, such as the openSUSE Project, OpenStack, Ceph, OpenNFV, OpenHPC, and more, to help drive collaboration among global communities to help solve some of the world’s most challenging technology issues.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For more information, visit www.suse.com