SUSE APJ Channel DirectorApply Now Job ID 311929 Date posted 11/15/2018 Location: Beijing, CN
SUSE APJ Channel Director
Location: Beijing, China
SUSE’s APJ region, represents an enormous variety of nations, cultures, economies and languages. Similarly our routes to market vary considerably by country. Many countries see considerable influence from Global System Integrators and Hardware Manufacturers, whilst the presence of indigenous giants critical to the Chinese Markets. Other countries rely less on global organisations and gain more value from local organisations that serve the local economy only.
We are looking for an energetic, result-driven & self-motivated talent to drive APJ Sales via dedicated focus on our Channel ecosystem. This includes being an internal liaison to establish, implement and execute programs, as well as being an external evangelist with the channel.
This individual contributor role will need to work extensively with field sales leaders who are based in each region. This position will report directly to APJ VP of Sales.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of a strategy, or collection of strategies, that will ensure we are able to best leverage Partners across the region.
- Working with local sales leaders, helping them gain maximum value from Partners.
- Providing guidance to local Partner Sales Executives as they develop Partner Plans
- Focussed on revenue objectives to ensure we meet short and longer term goals
- Implement Global Partner Programs throughout the region
- Working closely with global channel and alliance functions including Hardware Manufacturers, Channel Partners, Cloud Services Providers and Global System Integrators
- Maintain regular contact with all appropriate Business Partner stake-holders so that the relationship with SUSE remains strong. Effectively develop business with existing partners while identifying and pursuing market opportunities to develop new relationships.
- Manage relationship with training partners; evaluate and provide feedback on customer’s satisfaction of SUSE enablement and education delivery.
- Liaise between various SUSE teams and other business units, including direct sales, marketing, enablement and corporate teams, and our partner base, ensuring a business development focus is maintained and supported at all times (activities include business development planning with partners and aligning SUSE company support, teaming with direct sales based on a clear partner value add, reconciling conflict between parties etc.)
- Considerable experience of working with various Channels and Partners, including Hardware Manufacturers, Distributors, Resellers, Cloud Providers and System Integrators
- Strong Sales skills, particularly able to demonstrate success at winning large sales with Partners
- Demonstrable understanding of the IT market across the major territories of the Asia Pacific Region
- Strategic Thinker – able to look beyond immediate issues to provide a long term plan
- Open Source Experience a considerable bonus
- Fluent in Chinese and English Language
- Willing and able to work and travel throughout the sales area of APJ.
SUSE, apioneer in open source software, provides reliable, software-defined infrastructure and application delivery solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 25 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. The lasting relationships we build allow us to adapt and deliver the smarter innovation they need to succeed—today and tomorrow.
For more information, visit www.suse.com