Security QA EngineerApply Now Job ID 310002 Date posted 11/29/2017 Location: Beijing, CN
Security QA Engineer
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Pursuing quality of all SUSE products is one of our core beliefs. As a Software Engineer in Test you are here to push products to their limit, making sure they perform to customer expectations and conform to the highest quality standards. Using various kinds of programming and scripting languages in partnership with developers and project managers, you write test cases and plan, design, develop, and maintain automation tools to isolate and debug problems.
The SUSE Quality Assurance department is distributed across the major engineering locations in Germany, the Czech Republic and China. We work in collaboration across teams and the SUSE organization. Together we demand highest quality SUSE Linux products.
- Contribute to test plan and design test scenario for SUSE products
- Prepare and deploy test environment
- Compose and execute functional automation tests and security related tests, file bugs and report test results
- Global cross team work and communication
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least 2 years of relevant experience as Security QA Engineer
- Good knowledge of Unix and Linux operating systems
- Strong programming skills in script languages (e.g. shell, perl, python)
- Understanding of security tools on Linux (eg. SELinux, AppArmor)
- Good communication skills and fluent in verbal and written English
- Experience with debugging of systems and applications
We are looking for self-motivated, creative and pro-active person eager to work with Open Source projects.
What we offer:
- Positive and creative work environment with an international team
- A growing business that is at the forefront of bringing new offerings to the Linux community
- Direct contact with representatives of free/open source software projects worldwide
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. SUSE is also an active member of many open source communities, such as the openSUSE Project, OpenStack, Ceph, OpenNFV, OpenHPC, and more, to help drive collaboration among global communities to help solve some of the world’s most challenging technology issues.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For more information, visit www.suse.com