QA-SLE Software EngineerApply Now Job ID 310001 Date posted 11/29/2017 Location: Beijing, CN
QA-SLE Software Engineer
Location: Beijing, China
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Pursuing quality of all SUSE products is one of our core beliefs. As a Software Engineer in Test you are here to push products to their limit, making sure they perform to customer expectations and conform to the highest quality standards. Using various kinds of programming and scripting languages in partnership with developers and project managers, you write test cases and plan, design, develop, and maintain automation tools to isolate and debug problems.
The SUSE Quality Assurance department is distributed across the major engineering locations in Germany, the Czech Republic and China. We work in collaboration across QA teams and the SUSE organization. We work with talented software engineers in global world wild on advanced technology Linux products and open source. Together we demand highest quality SUSE Linux Operation System.
SUSE's great atmosphere will help you to thrive and foster.
- Quality assurance for SUSE Linux products
- Investigate customer and business user cases, to design test scenario for the test coverage gaps, and contribute to test plan
- Investigate automation test suites from upstream open source, participate actively to upstream test case contribution
- Develop and maintain the automation test cases, run for Continuous Integration Test process
- Measure the quality by statistics and metrics, contribute to process and tool chain enhancement
- Write test documentation
- Experience on both QA and software development
- Expertise in C and script language(Perl, Python, Shell) programming
- Experience on open source development process
- Familiarity with Linux administration
- Familiar with development tools like bugzilla, github, gcc
- Good understanding of automation infrastructure and CI tools like Jenkins
- Good communication skills and fluent in verbal and written English
We are looking for self-motivated, creative and proactive person eager to work with open source projects.
What we offer:
Positive and creative work environment with an international team A growing business that is at the forefront of bringing new offerings to the Linux community Direct contact with representatives of free/open source software projects worldwide
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. SUSE is also an active member of many open source communities, such as the openSUSE Project, OpenStack, Ceph, OpenNFV, OpenHPC, and more, to help drive collaboration among global communities to help solve some of the world’s most challenging technology issues.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For more information, visit www.suse.com