Linux Developer for Cluster Storage
SUSE is the leading commercial Enterprise Linux distribution vendor, and one of the major Open Source contributors. Eg, SUSE has about 20 subdomain kernel maintainers in Kernel project, and constantly contribute about 3% kernel code change every year. SUSE respects employee's flexibility on creativity and innovation toward the great business result. SUSE engineering team is a global team from different continents. SUSE has a wide field of advanced technology, and offers developers with an open and curious mind a great opportunity to grow and enhance their skills. SUSE is the advocate of open source and support employees to do presentation in various conferences worldwide.
For our SUSE Linux Enterprise product line, we are looking for a Linux developer to work on Linux High Availability Cluster Storage Layer, eg, cluster block device(soft RAID/mdadm), cluster logical volume manager(LVM), cluster file system(OCFS2/GFS2), DRBD, distributed lock manager(DLM)ï¼Œ and the related packaging. Your research and development work include(but not limited): to investigate various open source projects, and provide constructive reports toward the solution; to impletment product feature, fix bug, continous integration; actively engage the techinical discussion in open source communities, and contribute code to the upstream projects.
- Must have solid Linux(Unix) experience.
- Must have solid C language experience.
- Must be fluent in reading and writing English.
- Experience on Linux kernel storage stack is a big plus.
- Experience on Networking programming is a big plus.
- Experience on Cluster/High Availability/Distributed system is a big plus.
- Experience on Linux packaging and/or customization is a big plus.
- Experience on git, github, gitlab, or alike is a big plus.
- Passion for open-source and knowledge of community principles and practices is a big plus.
- Good troubleshooting and debugging skills to find the root cause.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Solid skills in writing high-quality, well-designed and well-documented code.
- Self-motivated with discipline.
- Perseverance toward the problem resolution.
- Fast learner for the cutting-edge technology.
- Team work spirit with people with different personalities.
If you are interested in this position, please send your Chinese and English resume to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, which subject should include "Linux Developer for Cluster Storage", thanks!
Please log on https://jobs.suse.com to search more jobs in SUSE