Field Marketing Manager – China RegionApply Now Job ID 309987 Date posted 11/29/2017 Location: Beijing, Beijing
Field Marketing Manager – China Region
Location – Beijing, Shanghai or Shenzhen
The FMM for China Region reports to the Marketing Manager, APJ as functional responsibilities however, as location responsibilities with the Country General Manager, Sales Directors/Managers.
The role is a marketing lead role which requires the FMM to work independently in the region to manage demand generation, PR and field execution. We require an experienced FMM with high profile and responsibility to create and put proper marketing methodology in the region.
He/ she will oversee the design and implementation of key aspects of SUSE go to market strategy, tactics and objectives within defined program(s). Directs the development of company marketing campaigns and programs; assessment of existing and potential markets. Must possess an understanding of product capabilities, definition of promotional activities and product launch to define country campaign and build a KPI around leads management.
This candidate should possess strong skills with a demonstrated success for business creation, strategy, execution and analytical. The role is intended to build on the existing business model while developing new opportunities and models which facilitate growth in the future.
Desired Skills & Experience
Specific responsibilities of the role include:
- Innovate through marketing by analyzing industry trends, competitive landscape and customer needs to create an effective marketing strategy for both the managed and unmanaged segment in China.
- Contribute to SUSE’s objective of growing market share and revenue attainment through demand generation and optimizing current opportunities in accounts by orchestration and execution of campaign marketing plans.
- Deliver qualified opportunities to support New Pipeline targets.
- Accelerating Marketing results by collaborating with Sales and Channels/Partners on joint activities & lead management
- Execute relationship/alliance marketing programs to support optimizing opportunities and drive in quarter leads.
- Execute and drive partner marketing with Partners.
- Create and drive effective marketing promotions to ensure customers and partners are able to engage and transact business in a seamless and simple way in all areas.
- Develop and manage proper success measurement & reporting in order to provide timely analysis jointly with Sales in their regular meetings.
- Contribute towards successful marketing business planning and alignment that is fully supported for a SUSE approach.
- Contribute towards Segment Alignment planning and an ongoing engagement rhythm across all wheels (Sales, Inside Sales, Partner & Marketing) that is viewed by local leadership as critical for managing the country business.
- Ensure that WW guidance, insights and reporting are effectively landed in the Region
- Lead and co-own the China marketing community, to promote alignment in country.
- Contribute to the China and APJ Marketing community by sharing local best practices and adopting WW initiatives
Our ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Marketing Excellence - extensive experience in developing and delivering marketing strategies and programs delivered through traditional, digital, social media, partner and tele-marketing organizations.
- Additional experience in developing strong integrated marketing and communications as well as management skills to lead agencies and vendors. Ability to build Marketing Plan and manage Marketing Budget.
Skills and Attributes
- University graduate in relevant stream. MBA is preferred.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills, Chinese and English.
- Channel / Sales Management is preferred - partner capacity and readiness experience and previous direct or channel solution marketing experience including supporting sales teams with sales quotas/targets.
- Cross company collaboration and virtual teaming - experience in leading a heavily matrix virtual organization and coaching sales and marketing professionals.
- Developing community readiness /skills and delivering successful marketing led campaigns.
Organizational confidence at all levels - experience and confidence in leading and shaping virtual teams. Confidence in dealing with senior audiences and executives.
- Operations Excellence - experience establishing and/or implementing campaigns, tools and processes that an organization uniformly uses to execute initiatives and measure success
- Proven strength in: Drive for Results, Impact & Influence, Cross Group Collaboration and Marketing Excellence
- Experienced in driving digital marketing efforts including SEM, social media and websites.
- Willing to travel.
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. SUSE is also an active member of many open source communities, such as the openSUSE Project, OpenStack, Ceph, OpenNFV, OpenHPC, and more, to help drive collaboration among global communities to help solve some of the world’s most challenging technology issues.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For more information, visit www.suse.com