Sales EngineerApply Now Job ID 311991 Date posted 11/29/2018 Location: Alphen aan den Rijn, NL
SUSE® provides and supports enterprise-grade Linux and open source solutions with exceptional service, value and flexibility. With partners and communities, we innovate, adapt and deliver secure Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage software to create solutions for mixed enterprise IT environments.
SUSE is looking for a Sales Engineer in our Benelux Sales team.
Description of position
Our vision at SUSE is to give enterprises back control over their IT infrastructure. We do this by adapting and delivering high performance Linux and open source solutions, paired with exceptional service that will give enterprises the smarter innovation they need to succeed.
As a member of the Benelux sales team, you will present SUSE to our enterprise customers and explain complex technology-based solutions that address their business requirements.
Place in the organization
This position reports into the Regional Sales Director EMEA North in the SUSE sales organization which is located in Alphen aan den Rijn, Netherlands.
- Drive revenue while working with several sales colleagues and own the technical sales cycle;
- Work with partners, consulting, support, and education on new opportunities within our customers and prospects;
- Initiate and/or assist in proposal creation;
- Propose and prepare proof of concepts in close collaboration with our services team;
- Deliver valuable market and customer feedback to our product management organization;
- Provide sales, enablement and training assistance in partner opportunities;
- Participate in marketing events including trade shows, seminars and conferences as subject matter expert.
- Evangelize the SUSE proposition and solutions from a technical perspective
- Bookings performance against target;
- Technical sales contribution in the sales process.
- First and foremost, we are looking for an expert to address technical challenges from a commercial perspective;
- You are a self-starter who can work with minimum supervision and a proven team player;
- You know what it is to work in a small local team with a big virtual team around you;
- Knowledge in Linux (SUSE preferred, but other versions acceptable) and other Open Source solutions like Open Stack, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry etc.
- Experience with open source software in the enterprise environment;
- Minimum 3, preferably 5 years’ experience in Sales, Presales or Technical Support roles;
- Excellent networking, presentation, and communication skills;
- Be a trusted technical advisor for customers senior management;
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or comparable experience;
- Travel within Benelux as well as occasional travel throughout Europe and to the United States is expected.
What does SUSE offer?
Besides working in a dynamic and enthusiastic team the ideal candidate commits to and follows through on a development plan that will build skills (sales, product, business management, technology, etc) necessary in order to grow with SUSE and make a difference in the future of SUSE and to be recognized by stakeholders as an accomplished SUSE representative.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, software-defined infrastructure and application delivery solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 25 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. The lasting relationships we build allow us to adapt and deliver the smarter innovation they need to succeed—today and tomorrow.
For more information, visit www.suse.com