Partner ExecutiveApply Now Job ID 309837 Date posted 11/10/2017 Location: Alphen den Rijn, NL
SUSE® provides and supports enterprise-grade Linux and open source solutions with exceptional service, value and flexibility. With partners and communities, we innovate, adapt and deliver secure Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage software to create solutions for mixed enterprise IT environments.
SUSE is looking for a Partner Executive in our Benelux Sales team.
Description of position
To help grow the SUSE Benelux team we are seeking a strong software sales professional to manage, maintain and develop existing named partners of SUSE in Netherlands and Belgium. You will be responsible for a dedicated set of partners, primarily new (plus some existing) partners, and help them to obtain knowledge and enable them to sell our solutions with confidence. The Partner Executive is focused on building trusted advisor relationships with these named partners. As such, he/she is expected to be able to build, foster and maintain executive level relationships across SUSE's potential and assigned partner base and partner ecosystem.
You will be measured on your selling of software and services through your named partners.
Place in the organization
This position reports into the Regional Director for the Northern European region based in the Dutch Office (Alphen aan den Rijn).
- Management, Development and Enablement of existing named partners – focus on SUSE Linux Enterprise Solutions and products; delivering larger projects with named partners and SUSE Product Sales Specialist team;
- Drive the SUSE story through named partner channel by setting up the right sales activities and programs, events and marketing tasks, working close with local distribution;
- Effectively generating and managing leads with assigned partners, identification of new business opportunities with the partner for SUSE;
- Support SUSE sales teams on partner related sales activities to maximize revenue and market impact;
- Develop joint business plans with key assigned partners, including elements such as joint financial sales targets, joint marketing plans and resource requirements and put into a mutually agreed partner plan;
- To provide a partner forecast representing demand that is realistic, accurate and achievable;
- To represent SUSE in a professional manner at all times and to ensure that the company’s interests are uppermost in all dealings and transactions;
- To promote sales successes in conjunction with Marketing. This includes the creation of reference sites, case studies and testimonials.
- Bookings performance against target;
- Pipeline development;
- Partner management.
- University degree in a business-related discipline;
- Minimum 5 years of professional channel sales experience, preferably in IT / Data Center sales;
- Strong skills & experience in managing & developing existing named partners including experience how to work with partner sales force;
- Knowledge of the Dutch IT channel;
- IT Industry Background (Understanding of Operations and internal processes);
- Excellent communication skills (incl. English, spoken and written);
- The ability to work credibly at all levels including board and operational levels;
- Self-starter who can work with minimum supervision;
- Experience in an open source environment is preferred;
- Team player and the maturity to understand how to work with and motivate individuals who make up the virtual team.
- Proven professional presentation experience;
- Excellent relationship building skills;
- Ability to leverage resource and support;
- Independent and takes responsibility/ownership;
- Willingness to listen and learn from others;
- Likes to be in the challenger position versus being a position protector;
- Ability to think outside the box;
- Energetic and hungry for success;
- High integrity – makes and keeps commitments and knows how to build a long-term relationship with customers, partners and colleagues;
- Ability to withstand pressure;
- Proven team player – knows what it is to work in a small local team with a big virtual team around him/her;
- Likes to build and grow business;
- Willingness to travel within the Benelux region as well as occasional travel throughout Europe and to the United States is expected.
What does SUSE offer?
Besides working in a dynamic and enthusiastic team the ideal candidate commits to and follows through on a development plan that will build skills (sales, product, business management, technology, etc) necessary in order to grow with SUSE and make a difference in the future of SUSE and to be recognized by stakeholders as an accomplished SUSE representative.
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. SUSE is also an active member of many open source communities, such as the openSUSE Project, OpenStack, Ceph, OpenNFV, OpenHPC, and more, to help drive collaboration among global communities to help solve some of the world’s most challenging technology issues.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For more information, visit www.suse.com